Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Barbara Jeanne Yoakum, R.I.P.



Our dear friend Barbara Yoakum passed away last Saturday evening in Roseville, CA.  She had been living there with her son Bob Munier and near her daughter Cathy Slocum.

Barbara was a founding member of Saint Luke's, a stedfast friend through thick and thin, an adopted "Grandma" to my children,  a lovely Christian, Mother and Grandma to her family, and a faithful companion to all who were graced enough to have known her.

I will miss her, as I am sure all will who were blessed by knowing and having her as a part of their lives.

Her ashes will be put in the Memorial Garden, next to her husband Del Yoakum. When we have the particulars on the date of the Requiem Mass and burial I will pass it on.

For now, please pray for Barbara's family - Cathy her daughter, Bob her son, and her grandchildren.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord.
And may light perpetual shine upon her. Amen

+ David Gregory McMannes