Saturday, June 12, 2010

Procrastination & excuses.. same, same?

Putting things off until tomorrow - if you can do them today - is an easy thing to do; however, it's not always a good idea, as we stand the chance of missing out on some very good and even holy experiences.

Jesus speaks of this tomorrow, via the Parable of the Great Supper.

As you prepare for being in the Lord's House on the Lord's Day, think on the following things, which are all "part and parcel" with the propers for the Second Sunday after Trinity:

FROM THE COLLECT - Is my fear and love of God "perpetual," or do I only give him time when I'm not "too busy?" Doing what?

FROM THE EPISTLE - How am I doing, insofar as loving "the brethren?" Do I love in "word and deed," or simply via "lip service?"

FROM THE GOSPEL - Who's the "certain man?" Regarding these three excuses given, which am I closest to? Since I know what's going on, why do I do that?
Do you know who said, "Excuses are the tools incompetents use to build monuments of nothingness unto themselves?" We'll tell you tomorrow at mass.

Finally, here's last year's meditation for the Second Sunday after Trinity: